BUS TRIPS CARRY PRECIOUS CARGO
EDUCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
REGULATIONS FOR PRIVATE MOTOR CARRIERS OF PASSENGERS
HOURS OF SERVICE FOR MOTOR CARRIERS OF PASSENGERS
INSPECTION, REPAIR, AND MAINTENANCE FOR MOTOR CARRIERS OF PASSENGERS
INTERSTATE PASSENGER CARRYING DRIVER’S GUIDE TO HOURS OF SERVICE
REPORT ON CURBSIDE MOTORCOACH SAFETY
- Must be registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Must maintain their vehicles and inspect them annually.
- Must have a minimum of $5 million liability insurance coverage.
- Must comply with all other federal and state safety requirements.
Drivers may not drive:
- More than 10 hours without at least 8 consecutive hours off
- After having been on duty 15 hours (including driving) without at least 8 consecutive hours off
- After having been on duty:
- 60 hours in 7 days, or
- 70 hours in 8 days
- Without a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a Passenger Endorsement and a valid medical certificate on their person.