- Must be registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Must maintain their vehicles and inspect them annually.
- Must have a minimum of $5 million liability insurance coverage.
- Must comply with all other federal and state safety requirements.
Drivers may not drive:
- More than 10 hours without at least 8 consecutive hours off
- After having been on duty 15 hours (including driving) without at least 8 consecutive hours off
- After having been on duty:
- 60 hours in 7 days, or
- 70 hours in 8 days
- Without a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a Passenger Endorsement and a valid medical certificate on their person.